905.866 medical & health answers

Child abuse hotline answers (104)

Page 1 from 11 Next >

What is the address for the child abuse hotline?

A: 1-800-4-A-child (1-800-422-4453). You can call this number if you live in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands. There are locations too where you can mail to or visit for more info. or help. http://www.childhelp.org/about/locations...


How Can I Help a child abuse Victim?

A: Helping the child abuse victim is a multi-step process. To help a child abuse victim, you first need to establish the facts to identify the problem. Reporting child abuse can help remove the child from a dangerous situation, and you may also contact a child abuse hotline for assistance, advice, and support. Establishing trust between the child and yourself can help the child begin to heal and form a positive child-adult relationship again. Ensuring the


Is this considered child abuse?

A: yes and no. unless your mom is really hurting you...(other than slapping) its not really child abuse she''s just trying to get you to do what you''re told and be a good kid. try doing the things that your mom asks of you and take pride in the things that you do...like cleaning your room BEFORE she asks. although your mom really isnt raising you the BEST way she''s doing the best that she can and although she could DEFINITELY benefit from some therapy...chances are she''s not gonna go for it, but it wont hurt to suggest that you and her go to family therapy. and yes you can definitely get depression from this situation thats why its best to suggest some therapy...yet try to find a way to co-exist with your mother so that she wont get on you...


What is phone number for missouri child abuse and neglect hotline?

A: The phone number for child abuse and Neglect in Missouri is 1-(800) 392-3738. Any other questions? Thanks for using ChaCha!...


child abuse reported??

A: I am sorry to hear that you have such a case against you, and I feel your pain. Unfortunately, there is not way to find out "who turned you in." Anyone can turn in ANYONE - schools, daycares, teachers are REQUIRED to report ANY abnormal behavior a child exhibits that THEY feel warrants child abuse - whether physical, mental, or sexual. I would suggest full cooperation with the department involved in the investigation, and show what an outstanding parent you are. On one hand it is nice to know other people care so much to worry about the well-being of your child. However, when you are at the center of the very investigation, it hits home, and hard. You work so hard to be the best...


Abusive Father

A: Hello Pheobe: I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. Please understand that what happened was an accident and that you are not to blame for your father"s anger and abuse towards you. I realize that you are in a bad situation that can not continue. No one has a right to hit you or cause bodily harm to you repeatedly. If you need help or have questions about child abuse or child neglect, call the childhelp National child abuse hotline at 1-800-4-A-child (1-800-422-4453) then push 1 to talk to a counselor. Pheobe I realize you might be afraid and...


Phyical abuse

A: Hello Anna: I thank you for your inquiry. The first thing I suggest especially if you are still a minor (under the age of 18) confide in an adult whom you trust ie; parents, relatives, school principal, counselor etc. They in turn will handle the matter accordingly. If this person is abusing you as a victim of his abuse you will be protected from him. Try not to worry about him going to jail and then retaliating against you. The main goal is to tell someone whom you trust that you are being abused. For additional support and services I encourage you to contact the following organizations; 1- Girls & Boys Town - www.GirlsAndBoysTown.org 2- National child abuse


Do children have rights if they are abused by a bipolar parent?

A: Hi Brennah: At this point, the best advice for your friend is to contact the Office of children and Youth (sometimes goes by a different name depending on where she is). They will not only help her, but also her younger siblings. If she can"t find the number, have her call the child abuse hotline at 1-800-4-A-child and they will help her find a local organization.  If all else fails, tell her to go to the local police station and explain what is happening and they will call the ones who can help. No child should stay in an abusive situation, but fighting and running away are not options that help. They only make the situation worse...


abuse ???

A: tell her your tired of arguing with her and ask her if she will attend family counseling with you to help resolve your problems. well that best thing you should do is talk to your mom, and tell her what you feel and how much you want to change things, you should start going to a family therapy with your mom and get help to get a better relationship you know thats not good i would get the hell outta there i mean get a plan and than get outt if you dont have a plan than you gotta suck it up and deal with it Its called child abuse. You can put her away for it. i no what u mean...I''m so sorry u have to go through this too...well both my parents abuse me and Ive attempted suicide many times and i used to cut...i even...


Is there anyone willing to take in a 16 yo. and her un born child? if not do not respond

A: I`m sure you can find an alternative to get you on your feet, PLEASE don`t try to raise a child with that mindset! Put the baby up for adoption if you can`t provide for it or use that computer to find a way to get it all together before the baby comes. I understand desperation all too well but there are ways to stay in school and keep the baby if you so desire, the key is to desire to pull yourself up and do it. I will pray for you!. This is the wrong place to ask hun. Too many creeps and perverts willing to take advantage of someone so vulnerable. What could be so bad that you don`t want to live with your family, or where you`re at now? E-mail me if you feel comfortable doing so.. Why? For God`s sake, WHY are you asking this on EP???? Find a women`s shelter. You...

Contact us   |   Disclaimer & Privacy Policy   |